Map of Bangladesh Prepared by The Bangladesh Network (Map Team) using Google My Maps.
Map of 64 Districts of Bangladesh.
Map Courtesy: Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council.
- Official Name: The People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- Geographical Location: Latitude between 20o34' and 26o38' North; Longitude between 88o01' and 92o41' East.
- Area : 147,570 sq. km.
- Boundaries: North - India (West Bengal and Meghalaya), West - India (West Bengal), East - India (Tripura and Assam) and Myanmar, South-Bay of Bengal.
- Capital City: Dhaka.
- Other Major Cities: Chittagong, Khulna, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Barisal, Rangpur.
- Standard Time: GMT +6 Hours.
- Climate Variation: Winter 11o C - 20o C (October - February); Summer 21o C - 38o C (March - September)
- Rainfall: 1100 mm to 3400mm (June - August)
- Humidity: Highest 99% (July); Lowest 36% (December & January)
- Population: 145 million.
- Literacy Rate: 60%
- Language: Bangla (national language). Spoken by 95%, other dialects 5%, English is widely understood and spoken.
- Principal Crops: Rice, Jute, Tea, Wheat, Sugarcane, Pulses, Mustard, Potato, Vegetables.
- Principal Rivers: Padma, Meghna, Jamuna, Surma, Brahmaputra, Karnaphuli, Teesta, Sitalakhya, Rupsha, Madhumati, Gorai, Mahananda etc.
- Principal Industries: Garments, Tea, Ceramics, Cement, Leather, Jute, Textiles, Electric and Electronics, Medicine, Fishing.
- Principal Exports: Garments, Knitwear, Frozen Shrimps, Tea, Leather and Leather products, Jute and Jute products, Ceramics etc.
- Principal Imports: Wheat, Fertilizer, Petroleum goods, Cotton, Edible Oil etc.
- Electricity: 220 Volts AC in all cities and towns.
- Currency: Taka, having 1000, 500, 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1 in notes and 5, 2, 1 in coins. Exchange Rate : US$ 1 = Taka 78.00.
- Religion: Muslims - 86.6%, Hindus - 12.1%, Buddhists - 0.6%, Christians 0.4% and others 0.3%.
- Government: Parliamentary form of Government President is the head of the state while the government elected by the people is headed by the Prime Minster.
- Business Hours: Government Office Hours: 10.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, Friday & Saturday closed. Some Private business houses work on Friday & Saturday.
- Best Tourist Season: October to March.